If your credit card transaction is not being accepted, try the following:
If these steps do not work, it's likely that the payment processors security algorithms are rejecting the transaction. But don't worry, we can help! Give us a call at 707-340-3863.
Sorry for the inconvenience!
If you want to pay by credit card, but didn't see that option, it's because the couple did not enable online payments.
We give couples the choice because online payments incur a fee. You can pay simply and free of charge by sending the couple a cheque in the mail or presenting cash/cheque to the them in person along with your Honeyfund gift certificate.
To confirm if your payment went through, please check your e-mail for a receipt for payment (it comes directly from the credit card processor, PayPal).
Another way to confirm is to check for the charge(s) on your credit card.
If you do not see a charge nor have a receipt, you may have chosen to pay offline. If so, the link in your Honeyfund gift confirmation e-mail will provide you with additional instructions. Otherwise, please try your gift again.
To get back to the certificate page, please click the link in your gift confirmation e-mail (check your spam folder if you didn't receive the e-mail).
If you don't have it, you can recover it from the couple's registry by following these steps:
If you still can't recover it, click Contact Us below and we can provide the link to you.
If you have NOT paid for your gift, please click the link in your gift confirmation e-mail from Honeyfund. There you can cancel the gift pledge. If you don't have the e-mail, click "Contact Us" below and we can cancel the gift pledge for you.
If you have already given the couple the funds, offline, we cannot cancel the gift payment. You will need to make arrangements directly with the couple to retrieve your funds.
If you paid online, click "Contact Us" to request a refund.
We are happy to help. Please contact us and include the following:
There are two ways a couple can receive gifts, depending on which option you chose at checkout.
When you reserve the gift, choose to pay offline (cash or check) and use the name "Surprise." You can change the name on the certificate before printing. Then you can print the certificate and give it to them at your chosen time.
Please note that your email address is shared with the couple, we suggest using an email address that is not recognized. If you pay online with a credit card, your identity will be revealed to the couple through the payment processor.
Yes! Since what you are giving them is a money toward their honeymoon fund, you can still contribute even after the wedding or honeymoon. They will most likely use the funds as a reimbursement for the cost of the item you selected.
With Honeyfund, you receive monetary gifts from your guests to help you pay for the costs of honeymoon travel and more!
Here's how it works:
1. The first and most popular is the new Honeyfund Balance! Receive gifts with zero fees, then redeem the balance for one or many gift cards from our partners. Guests pay online with a credit card, and you decide how much and which gift cards to choose. There are zero fees to you or your guests!
2. Accept credit card payments from your guests that come to you as cash. Guests choose a gift(s) from your list and pay online with a credit card. The money goes into your own account with the card processor you choose, and then sent via direct deposit to your bank. Credit card payments are powered by either WePay or PayPal (2.8%+.30* (US) per transaction). There are never any fees to your gift givers!
3. Finally, receive cash or check from your guests, offline. Your guests will reserve gift items, print a gift certificate and literally give you cash or check either by mail or in person.
Take a look at some of our Starter Registries for ideas on how to create your Honeyfund.
* Applies to most US-to-US payments. Fees outside the US may vary. Click here for full fee info. Payments via PayPal from outside your home country may incur an additional 1% cross-border fee.
Honeyfund is totally free! There are no transaction fees for couples or gift givers and no setup fees. This is possible because gift givers are directed to send the money to YOU, by cash or cheque. We don't handle any gift money here at Honeyfund.
In addition to the free service:
* Fees for other currencies may vary. Click here for full fee info. Payments from outside your home country may incur an additional 1% cross-border fee.
We designed Honeyfund to protect your registry until you are ready for guests to find it. When your registry is ready, head on over to the Share page to begin sharing your page or to update your URL/Hashtag. Click the Share link to edit and save your Honeyfund URL/Hashtag.
For security purposes we keep your password info in an encrypted form, so we aren't able to send that to you. However if you click the "Get Help" link on the Sign In page you can enter your e-mail address that will give you instructions for resetting your password. Click the check box next to "Remember me on this computer" when you sign in, so you won't have to re-enter your password again.
Your Honeyfund account will be disabled if your e-mail address is invalid or if it was not confirmed within eight weeks of opening the account.
Accounts can be closed in the Contact Section, or if it has been more than one year since your wedding date. Please click "contact us" below to reinstate the account.
Have we answered your question? If not, please contact us.